The University Writing & Speaking Center supports:
- Writers at all levels
- Work at any stage of writing from development to completion
- Academic, professional, personal, community, and creative projects
- Written, visual, oral, digital, and mixed media texts
- Monday: 8:45 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:45 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:45 a.m.-7:15 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:45 a.m.-7:15 p.m.
- Friday: 8:45 a.m.-4:15 p.m.
- Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Ask a question!
Additional writing & speaking resources
Graduate student resources
The UWSC offers graduate students up to 1.5 hours (two 45-minute appointments) of writing and speaking/presenting support with a consultant, two days per week. Graduate students are limited to two 1.5 hour appointment per week, but are welcome to make appointments with our consultants (up to one appointment a day) for their remaining two appointments.
The University Writing & Speaking Center’s primary mission is to support students. To achieve this mission, we know that relationships with faculty are essential. So, the Writing & Speaking Center offers a few ways for faculty to engage students with writing support.
International student resouces
View information about the Bridge English placement test, the SPEAK placement test, and learn more about opportunities to practice English with writing and speaking support.