Faculty research support

Proposal development, processing, and post-award support is available to all College of Science faculty, staff, and students preparing and managing grant proposals and awards. All members of the Grant Support Team aim to provide prompt, accurate service and high-level knowledge of grant processes, internal and external to the University of Nevada, Reno.

The Pre-Award Team can help you submit proposals regardless of how close you are to the deadline (see the submission process below for details). Please be aware that assistance may be limited in cases where advance notice of the proposal was not given. To maximize the use of these resources, please contact us as soon as possible.

Heidi Eskew

Heidi Gibbons

Manager, Research Grants
(775) 682-8794

Danny Sierra

Danny Sierra

Coordinator, Research Grants
(775) 682-8794

Rozena Brecke

Rozena Brecke

Post-Award Grants Specialist
(775) 682-8794

Proposal submission process

Commonly used application information

Legal name and institution numbers

  • Legal name: Board of Regents, NSHE, obo University of Nevada, Reno
  • DUNS number: 14-651-5460
  • Nevada Legislative District: NV-002
  • Employee Identification Number (EIN)/University Tax ID#: 88-6000024
  • EIN for DHHS: 188-6000024A1
  • Unique Entity Identifier (UEI): WLDGTNCFFJZ3

F&A (indirect cost) rates

Activity Rate
Research, on-campus: July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023   46%
Research, on-campus: July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024   47%
Research, off-campus: July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2024   26%
Instruction, on-campus: July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2024 47%
Instruction, off-campus: July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2024 26%
Other, on-campus: July 1, 2021 -  June 30, 2024  31%
Other, off-campus: July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2024  26%

Fringe benefit rates

Employee status Rate
Professional* 32.3%
Classified 41.3%
Graduate Assistant** 16.7%
Letter of Appointment 12.8%
Wages*** 2.5%

*Also use the Professional rate for post docs and faculty EDA (with retirement).

**Graduate assistant health insurance is included in the fringe rate.

***Use the wages rate for student and hourly wages (when FTE is less than 50%) and faculty overload without retirement.