Winter break housing
Winter Break housing (December 19, 2019 to January 18, 2020) will be available minimally at Sierra Hall, depending on demand. The rate for Winter Break housing is $550. All students who do not currently reside in Sierra Hall will be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis based on available spaces. Current Sierra Hall residents requesting to stay for Winter Break will be accommodated in their current space. Spaces are limited so please sign-up early.
For more details please see the Housing Office on the 1st Floor of Juniper Hall or call the Housing Office at (775) 784-1113.
Winter housing reminders
- The halls will be closed from December 19, 2019 through January 18, 2020. Once the halls close, students will not be able to go back into their room to retrieve items.
- Sierra Hall will be open only to students who have signed up for winter housing. All other Sierra Hall residents will not have access to the building or their rooms.
- We understand that students have jobs and other responsibilities beyond classes. Wintermester is available but you are not required to take classes
- Please remember that all residence hall policies outlined in the Residence Hall Handbook remain in effect during this time period. There is a modified guest policy during Winter Break. All guests must be checked in with a resident at all times and no guests are allowed after Sunday, January 12th, 2020 until all halls reopen on January 19, 2020
- The Overlook Cafe is closed during the Winter Break.
- Food Services will have different hours of operations during Winter Break. You can check our Dine On Campus link for current hours.