Welcome to the Wolf Pack! We're thrilled that you're joining us at the University of Nevada, Reno. You're going to love it here.
Before you start personalizing your room, let's get a few things out of the way:
- Are you all signed up? If you've got a car, you're going to need a place to park it. If you've got a stomach, you're probably going to want to fill it. You'll find all of the forms and links you need accomplish this stuff and more in the Helpful Links section of this page.
- You've got deadlines. There are a variety of important dates and deadlines you need to know. Don't miss 'em. Check out the Residential Life events calendar, too.
- Can you find your residence hall? It's a great big world out there, and campus isn't all that small. Make sure you know where you're going – and where you're going to be living.
- What are you bringing? It gets cold here. It gets hot, too. Also, you don't have an unlimited amount of space because that would be impossible. Find out what you can bring, what you should bring, and what, unlike you, has no place in the dorms.
5 tips for incoming freshmen
- Don't overpack. You don't want to start off with a cluttered space.
- Attend welcome events. These events are a great way to meet your fellow Pack members!
- Diversify yourself. Meet people. Learn things. It's time to broaden those horizons.
- Call home. Don't forget your roots. Staying in touch is a great quality.
- Ask for help. We want you to succeed here just as much as you do. Reach out.