Revisions and Appendices
Revisions to Operating Guide
- This Operating Guide shall become effective following approval by the Dean.
- This Operating Guide may be amended when appropriate. Final approval is by the Dean.
- Fund Allocation: Appropriate fund allocations include but are not limited to the following list which consist of items mentioned in the differential fee proposal and support ABET Student Outcome Criteria a-k as noted.
- Purchasing equipment and state-of-the-art software as needed (ABET Criteria i, l).
- Implementing sustainable laboratory and equipment maintenance plans (ABET Criteria j)
- Implementing sustainable laboratory safety plans (ABET Criteria k).
- Better equipping and maintaining the Engineering Computer Center and improving its availability, scheduling and efficiency for instruction and research.
- Offering funds as needed to establish and maintain hardware and non-academic versions of software required to interact with hi-tech industry.
- Hiring technicians and computer system administrators.
- Hiring internship/placement coordinators to interact with industry and assist with the identification of internships and placement after graduation.
- Generating additional scholarships to assist students with increased higher education costs (allocate at least 15% of the generated revenue).
- Hiring additional support staff needed to accommodate the growth.
- Hiring additional tenure track faculty (ABET Criteria a-e).
- Hiring full or part-time instructors (ABET Criteria a, b, d).
- Hiring additional teaching assistants (ABET Criteria f, g).
- Offering graduate fellowships (ABET Criteria h).
Ratified: September 20, 2012
Revision Date: July 15, 2016