Engineering summer camp
On-campus engineering summer camps
Our camps are interactive, social programs that offer a great way to fuel your child's passion for engineering. Led by University of Nevada, Reno engineering students, our camps explore the engineering design process and sharpen new math and science skills. The high-quality curriculum is delivered by University of Nevada, Reno engineering faculty, students and engineering professionals from the community in a fun, engaging environment. Check back for summer 2023 dates.
What our camps offer
- Focused-learning time: Eight hours of hands-on lessons, engaging discussions and short lectures.
- Teambuilding and breaks: Our day includes icebreakers, team building activities, energizers and breaks to keep campers engaged!
- High-quality instruction: Content is developed by University of Nevada, Reno engineering faculty and engineering students.
- Social interaction: Campers will participate in team activities, group reflections and get-to-know-you activities.
Refund Policy: If you choose to cancel or leave a camp session for any reason;
- 14 days or less prior to the camp session starting date, you will not be eligible for a refund.
- 15 or more days prior to the camp session starting date, you will be eligible for a refund.
Campers are eligible for a full refund for a summer camp session if;
- A camp is canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Families are adversely impacted by COVID-19 (job loss, illness or suspected exposure to COVID-19, caring for sick family members) and have to cancel their registration.
Engineering Everywhere! Introduction to engineering. For ages 12-14
Engineering is everywhere, from the roads we drive on to the medicine we take to the computers we use. This camp introduces participants to diverse fields in engineering, including chemical, civil, biomedical and computer science. Participants will design, build and test a number of projects, from bridges to bottle rockets, to experience the challenges that engineers encounter every day. A local field trip will help students discover how engineering is all around us in our community.
Engineering Adventures: Introduction to engineering in the outdoors. For ages 12-14
Engineering Adventures immerses campers into the great outdoors! With the University near the Sierra Nevada, we are going to explore what it means to be an engineer who creates rock climbing equipment, mountain bikes, outdoor clothing and more. We will meet with outdoor engineering experts, test out equipment, create our own equipment and take field trips to see engineers in action. If you're interested in chemical, materials, mechanical or environmental engineering, this is the camp for you!
Engineering Exploration: Introduction to engineering. For ages 15-17
Much like the Engineering Everywhere camp, Engineering Exploration will introduce participants to diverse fields in engineering. Campers will engage in hands-on lessons, short lectures and team-building activities. Participants will identify a problem and design, build and test a model following the engineering design process. They will present their final project at an end-of-camp reception. In addition to the engineering activities, participants will learn what steps need to be accomplished to become a student in the College of Engineering.
To inquire about camp registration, contact Samantha Bickert.