The goal of CABNRFIT is to help incoming freshman transition successfully from high school to college. CABNRFIT provides a realistic orientation to the style, pace, intensity and rigor of college courses. After completing CABNRFIT, students are better prepared for their first semester of college. CABNRFIT, a subset of the University of Nevada, Reno's NevadaFIT, is a requirement for all incoming freshmen.
At CABNRFIT you will:
- Learn study skills and life skills that will put you on a path to early academic success
- Become familiar with the University and classroom setting
- Explore the various academic resources and student services available to you on campus
- Learn about career opportunities in your chosen field of study
- Learn tips and tricks for managing your time
- Interact with faculty in your major discipline
What to bring:
- Sun hat, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Snacks (non-perishable items)
- Closed-toe walking shoes that can get dirty and be worn in a lab
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Water bottle
- Notebook and daypack
- Pens or pencils for taking notes
- Laptop or tablet (required for math homework and study time)
- Allergy medicine for those with hay fever or EpiPen® if you have other severe allergies or other necessary medicines
- If your major is Agricultural Science, Veterinary Science or Rangeland Ecology & Management, please bring footwear suitable for visiting a farm. Scrubs will be provided.
- If your major is Ecohydrology, Environmental Science, Forest Management & Ecology or Wildlife Ecology & Conservation, please come prepared for outdoor activities.