Applicants must be first-time freshman to the University of Nevada, Reno.
Students must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum combined Math/Verbal score of 1270 or greater and a minimum Writing score of 600 on the SAT OR combined ACT score of 29 or greater and a minimum Writing score of 26.
- Un-weighted cumulative GPA of 3.7 or placement in the top 10% of the graduating high school class
- US Citizenship or permanent resident of the United State of America AND Nevada residency
- Non-US citizens must have a permanent resident visa AND Nevada residency
- Graduate from a Nevada high school
- Applied for admission to UNR as a freshman with a declared major in Biology by February 1st.
Additional criteria to be considered:
- Extracurricular Activities
- Leadership Experience
- Healthcare or Clinical Experience
- Work Experience
A BS-DMD Admissions Committee, comprised of faculty and administrators from UNR’s College of Science and UNLV’s School of Dental Medicine, will select qualified applicants for interviews and for admission into the program. Interviews will be held at the beginning of March 2016.
Students must maintain the following requirement to progress:
- 3.5 overall cumulative GPA and 3.5 science GPA
- Successfully complete the DAT with a score of 19 or better with no subset scores lower than 15.