BCN Benefits Orientation
Congratulations on your appointment with the Nevada System of Higher Education! The HR Shared Services Benefits Office is pleased to offer this online guide to your benefits. The following information is intended to help you understand our health insurance options, our mandatory retirement plan, and the voluntary supplemental benefits plans that we offer.
Comprehensive Medical Health Insurance Plan
The Nevada System of Higher Education has three health insurance plan options from which to choose. Each of these options is a comprehensive health care package that includes medical, dental, vision, term life insurance and long term disability.
Review the Medical Benefits Overview and Plan Comparison for your health insurance plan options. The plan option available to you may vary as a result of your physical address. The plan design options differ in how you will pay for your qualified medical expenses.
The E-PEBP Online Enrollment Portal allows you to access your health insurance benefits options and complete your enrollment.
** Enrollment into your Health Insurance Plan should occur within 15 days of your employment contract start date or no later than the last day of the month that your coverage is scheduled to become effective. Failure to complete enrollment to elect or decline coverage within the specified timeframe will result in coverage being defaulted to the Employee Only tier with the Consumer Driven Health Plan and a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
Complete your health insurance enrollment: E-PEBP Online Enrollment Tool
- Services covered under all plan options are the same. One plan is not better than the other; the plan options vary in the way that you will pay for qualified medical expenses.
- All plans have a preferred provider Network; The EPO and HMO insurance plans require preferred providers for all medical expenses.
- All plans have the same dental plan administered through Diversified Dental Services. Dental coverage is part of the comprehensive medical package and requires enrollment into one of the medical insurance plans.
- All plans offer a term life insurance policy as part of the comprehensive medical package and require enrollment into one of the medical insurance plans. The provider for the term life insurance policy is Standard Insurance Company and requires that you submit a Beneficiary Designation Form.
- Monthly premiums will be paid through payroll deduction. Your monthly premium will depend on the plan and coverage level that you choose. Monthly Premium Rates
The earnings from your job at NSHE are not covered under Social Security. Each contract type has a mandatory retirement plan in place in lieu of paying into social security. Review your mandatory retirement plan.
Faculty Employee Mandatory Retirement Plan (unless a current PERS Participant)