BCN Training and development
State of Nevada Mandatory Supervisory Training
BCN HR Shared Services and the State of Nevada Division of Human Resources Management are pleased to offer Mandatory Supervisory Training classes for supervisors of classified employees online. The State of Nevada also offers additional supervisory courses through the Office of Employee Development.
Online mandatory supervisor training is available through the State of Nevada, Division of Human Resources Management.
- Visit https://nvelearn.nv.gov
- Log in using your NV APPS id. If you do not have one, select Log-In Instructions under Main Menu for directions.
- Browse the Course Catalog under Main Menu.
- Select State of Nevada Employees.
- Select Mandatory Training for Supervisors.
- Select a course by clicking the course name followed by the Enroll Me button at the bottom of the course page.
- Once you successfully complete the course, it is your responsibility to provide your certificate of completion to your campus HR or training office to receive credit.
NAC 284.498 requires supervisory and managerial training for individuals supervising classified employees stating:
- Supervisors must attend training regarding the evaluation of employee performance within 6 months of appointment to a supervisory position.
- Supervisors must attend at least one training class in each of the areas listed below within 12 months of appointment to a supervisory position:
- Alcohol and Drug Testing
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Handling Grievances
- Interviewing and Hiring
- Progressive Disciplinary Procedures
- Supervisors must attend additional training courses in each of the above core areas every three years.