BCN training and development
State of Nevada Mandatory Supervisory Training
BCN HR Shared Services and the State of Nevada Division of Human Resources Management are pleased to offer Mandatory Supervisory Training classes for supervisors of classified employees online. The State of Nevada also offers additional supervisory courses through the Office of Employee Development.
Online mandatory supervisor training is available through the State of Nevada, Division of Human Resources Management.
- Visit the NVeLEARN website.
- Log in using your NV APPS ID; If you do not have one, select Login Instructions under Main Menu for directions.
- Browse the Course Catalog under Main Menu.
- Select State of Nevada Employees.
- Select Mandatory Training for Supervisors.
- Select a course by clicking the course name followed by the Enroll Me button at the bottom of the course page.
- Once you successfully complete the course, you must provide your certificate of completion to your campus HR or training office to receive credit.
NAC 284.498 requires supervisory and managerial training for individuals supervising classified employees.
The following two courses are required within 6 months of the supervisory appointment and every three years after:
- Work Performance Standards
- Evaluating Employee Performance
The following eight courses are required within 12 months of supervisory appointment and every three years after:
- Interviewing and Hiring
- Alcohol and Drug Testing Procedures
- Progressive Disciplinary Procedures
- Handling Grievances
- What Supervisors Need to Know About the ADA and ADA Accommodations
- Developing Essential Functions (pursuant to NAC 284.441)
- What Supervisors Need to Know About the FMLA
- Equal Employment Opportunity for Managers and Supervisors
How to register for and take training in NVeLearn
- Register and complete these courses at nvelearn.nv.gov.
- Log in using your NV APPS I.D. If you do not have one, select Log-in Instructions under Main Menu for directions.
- Browse the Course Catalog under Main Menu, select Supervisor Training.
- Select the course of interest by clicking the course name and clicking the Enroll Me button at the bottom of the course page.
Where to send completed training certificates?
Once you successfully complete the course, it is your responsibility to provide your certificate of completion to your campus Human Resources department via email@example.com.