The Risk Management Services Office exists to protect the health and provide for the safety of students, employees, and visitors. We utilize a variety of tools to protect the public from injury and/or damage incidental to campus operations, and to protect our assets and the environment.
HR Shared Services Risk Management Programs and Services
- Administer fifteen different insurance programs, including property, automobile, liability, workers’ compensation and foreign travel coverages.
- Purchase insurance when necessary and work with departments to obtain underwriting information
- Administer claims, coordinate loss prevention efforts to minimize unintentional losses, obtain timely and equitable recovery of insured losses
- Review agreements for proper insurance requirements and language
- Provide certificates of insurance for business purposes
- Provide risk assessment/mitigation consulting services to departments
- Provide Ergonomic Assessments and Recommendations
- Oversee the Volunteer Program
In Case of Injury, Damage, or Loss
- All claims must be reported promptly.
- In a safe manner, take whatever steps are immediately necessary to render emergency medical care, salvage property, or reduce the further extent of the loss.
- If possible, do not disturb the evidence or hazard which caused the claim until the area can be inspected, pictures taken, and conditions recorded.
- Obtain the names and addresses of parties involved, witnesses, etc. as soon as possible.
- Record the details of the accident while it is still fresh in your mind, and call the BCN Risk Office within 24 hours.