ScienceFIT: August 18-23, 2018
Get the most out of your ScienceFIT experience by coming prepared. On this page, you will find all the information you need to succeed in your first week on campus as a College of Science student!
At ScienceFIT, you will:
- Get a jump start on required course content
- Attend lectures from the faculty who teach required first-year science courses
- Participate in review sessions, take exams, and exam results discussions
- Complete homework assignments
- Learn about available campus resources for success
- Become familiar with the University campus - where buildings are located, travel time, etc.
- Become familiar with the University classroom setting
- Work and study in groups with your peers
- Interact with faculty from your department, your academic advisors, and Pack Mentors (upperclassmen in your major)
- Become familiar with using on-line course components, technology, and resources such as WebCampus
What To Bring:
- Scientific, non-programmable calculator (for example, a TI 30)
- Laptop computer or tablet and accessories including earbuds or headphones and a power cord. If you do not have a laptop, you may rent one on a first-come-first-serve basis from the @One located in the Knowledge Center.
Housing for ScienceFIT
Participants who have been approved as residents in one of the University's residence halls for the academic year have the option to move into their assigned room on August 18, 2018 (Saturday) for an additional $165.25 housing fee at your designated check-in time.
The $165.25 housing fee must be paid by July 17, 2018. You will receive your housing assignment from the Housing Office and designate your check-in time in July.
NOTE: Guests (family members, friends, etc) are not allowed in residence halls rooms without the student present.
WolfCards (University's photo ID card for students) are required to access the residence hall building and room after the initial check-in; the WolfCard office is located on the 2nd floor of the Joe Crowley Student Union. Make sure to bring a valid U.S. State or Federally issued photo ID or passport.
Please contact the Housing Office at (775) 784-1113 or email email@example.com with any additional questions.
Additional Housing notes
- If you will be arriving before August 18, 2018, you will need to arrange for your own lodging.
- Participants who have an on-campus housing contract for academic year 2018-2019, but do NOT wish to pay the additional housing fee for the ScienceFIT early move-in are responsible for arranging their own housing during ScienceFIT.
- Participants who are NOT planning to live in the residence halls during the academic year are responsible for arranging their own housing during ScienceFIT.
Parking during ScienceFIT
- If you will be parking on campus for the week of ScienceFIT, you will be required to have a parking pass. If you purchased a parking pass for the Fall semester, it will be valid during ScienceFIT in the West Stadium Parking Garage (4th level only).
- ScienceFIT students who have not purchased a Fall semester parking permit may download this free parking pass, good for parking on the 4th level of the West Stadium Parking Garage from August 18-23.
- The free parking pass can be used for the NevadaFIT Kick-Off event on August 18.
- Please make sure parking permits are hanging from the rearview mirror or placed on the dashboard of your car and are clearly visible at all times to avoid parking citations. Please adhere to all Parking Rules and Regulations during ScienceFIT.
- The Campus Escort Service program will be available during ScienceFIT.