2017 College of Science Video Competition - December 15, 2017
The Discover Science Student Video Competition is open to all current undergraduate and graduate students in the College of Science. Students may submit a video of 2 minutes or less in one of three categories. Cash awards are given for the top 3 videos.
Details & Guidelines
Open to all current full-time undergraduate and graduate students with majors in the College of Science. Open to individuals and teams.
Choose a Theme
- A day in the life of a [College of Science] Major
- How to succeed as a Science student
- Live a life of Discovery
On-line Registration Form - deadline to register and submit the video is December 4 (Monday)
- Deliver labeled USB by 5 PM on December 4 (Monday) to Associate Dean Katherine McCall, 411 Davidson Mathematics and Science Center, email@example.com.
Reward: Fame - and prize money
There will be a public screening of your video on December 15, 2017 at 6 pm in the Davidson Mathematics & Science Center auditorium, DMSC 110 - please plan to be present at the screening. Winning videos will also be posted to YouTube and used to promote the College of Science. Producers of the top 3 videos will earn cash awards.
- 1st Place: $350
- 2nd Place: $250
- 3rd Place: $150
Visit the Nevada Science Youtube channel to view previous video submissions.
- No more than 2 minutes long, including title and credits.
- Must have a title and include at least one clear visual or audio mention of the College of Science and/or Mackay School of Earth Sciences and Engineering.
- Must be suitable for use as promotional material for the College of Science (no profanity, violence, defamatory statements, nudity; no invading the privacy rights of any person or entity).
- No copyrighted material may be used, including footage, stills, animation and music.
- Must be submitted on labeled USB as QuickTime .MOV, or Windows .MP4 file. The USB will be returned to you.
- Minimum of 854 x 480 pixels.
- Audience appeal
- Depiction of chosen theme
- Adherence to the rules
Video Equipment Rentals:
You can borrow a wide variety of video equipment (and learn how to use it) at the Knowledge Center's @One.