Skip Site Navigation
Skip To Page Content


Temporary Housing

If you arrive before the residence halls open, or if you plan to live off campus and have not found an apartment, you may need to reserve temporary lodging in advance. Please visit the Reno-Tahoe lodging website to select an accommodation right for you based on the location and type of lodging. Establishments within walking distance from the University:

  • The Circus Circus Reno Hotel: for current rates and reservations go to or call (775) 329-0711 or (800) 648-5010
  • Super 8 Motel-University Area: for current rates and reservations call (775) 329-3464 or toll free (888) 511-7366

The general rates vary from $50 to $70 per night. Please note that neither Office of International Students and Scholars nor the University of Nevada, Reno endorse any of these lodging options.

Permanent Housing

  • On-Campus Housing - The University offers affordable, comfortable and convenient housing on campus. If you live on campus, basic furniture is provided in residence halls, but bed linens, blankets, pillows, and towels are not. If possible bring a bed sheet, a light blanket and a towel from home or purchase them before moving into the residence hall.
  • Off-Campus Housing - If you plan to live off campus you should arrange for temporary lodging as it often takes several days to find accommodation. Plan on the cost of at least $300 per month for rent if you share an apartment. Individual apartments cost from $400-$650 per month. For directions, visit Map Quest.

University Block N Logo

University of Nevada, Reno

University of Nevada, Reno
1664 N. Virginia Street
Reno,  NV  89557-

(775) 784-1110
Website Help
Contact Us

Accessibility Tools

Emergency Information
Emergency Alerts
Doing business with us