Immunization requirements for international students
Students are required to provide the official immunization documentation listed below. You must submit the completed Immunization and Physical Evaluation Clearance Form to the Office of International Students and Scholars by email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your arrival at the University.
- Two doses of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR). If you were born before 1957, you are exempt from the MMR requirement.
- An immunization within the last 10 years for Tetanus/Diphtheria (Td/Tdap).
- If under the age of 23, a quadrivalent meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4) on or after your 16th birthday.
- Acceptable versions: Menactra, Menveo, or MCV4.
- Non-acceptable versions: Bexsero or Trumenba (MenB) or HIB Meningitis.
- Tuberculosis (TB) Blood Test result / QuantiFERON. This test must be completed no more than six months prior to entering the United States.
While it is possible for international students to get their required vaccines after they have already arrived in the United States, it is often more cost effective and less of a hassle to have gotten them beforehand. The university health insurance for international students will not cover immunization costs.
If you have not submitted documentation for all required immunizations prior to your arrival at the University, you will not be eligible for class registration before your arrival. You will be required to make your own arrangements for any missing immunizations.