Newly admitted international students

Studying internationally will broaden your skills, challenge you to grow and leave you wanting more. Undoubtedly you're thinking all about your upcoming journey. In this section, you'll find important information for successfully preparing for the adventure ahead of you.

Visa information

If you are a citizen of a foreign country, you must obtain a U.S. visa prior to entering the United States. The visa allows you to travel to airports and other ports of entry and request permission to enter the United States. Learn more about the visa application process, required documentation, fees and more.

Enrolling and registering for classes

International students may enroll in classes before they arrive and report to the University. Class registration and tuition payment can be completed on MyNEVADA. To register for classes on MyNEVADA, all the holds on your MyNEVADA account must be removed. Use this checklist to learn about the steps required to remove holds and enroll at the University.

Immunization requirements

Students are required to provide the official immunization documentation prior to enrolling and registering for classes at the University of Nevada, Reno. Learn more about what immunizations are required.

Check-in meetings

If you are a new international F-1 or J-1 visa student, including transfers from another institution or students who have been in Reno on another visa status, who did not pass both OISS mandatory pre-enrollment training assessments must attend a check-in meeting in order to be cleared for class registration. Learn more.

Scholarships and funding

The University of Nevada, Reno provides high quality education at competitive price with a variety of funding opportunities. The Office of International Students and scholars offers several awards, ranging from $300 to $5,000 for international students. Graduate students can also access different forms of funding for their graduate education.