Admissions information for undergraduate international students
We are here to help qualified students get admitted to the University of Nevada, Reno and earn their degree. Review the information below to learn about admission requirements, scholarships and tuition for international students.
International students must mee the following criteria to be considered for admission to the University:
- GPA: 3.0 academic GPA on a 4.0 scale
- English proficiency: 61+ TOEFL or 6.0 IELTS or 95+ Duolingo
- SAT/ACT scores: We do not require SAT or ACT scores for admission or scholarship consideration
- Complete your application and pay application fee. Complete the simple International Student Application online and pay $95.00 USD non-refundable application fee.
- Submit a copy of your passport biographical page. This can be attached to the application or emailed to OISS@unr.edu after submitting your application.
- Have official transcripts sent from your high school. Transcripts are considered official if they are received via regular mail/post in a sealed envelope, emailed directly from a school official as a password protected attachment with the password sent in a separate email, or faxed with a cover letter on the school’s letter head.
- Verify you have met English language requirements. Verification of having met the English requirement through one of the following options:
- TOEFL score 61+
- IELTS (must be academic version) with a score of 6.0+
- Duolingo English Exam score 95+
- Cambridge score of B2+
- Graduation (or in the process of completing) a U.S. high school
- For students who have taken the SAT/ACT exam we may be able to use your score to satisfy the English requirement
English language requirement exemption: Please note that students coming from the following English-speaking countries are exempt from the English language testing requirements: Antigua/Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Guyana, British Virgin Islands, Canada (except for Quebec), Ghana, Grenada, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Malaysia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Singapore, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Trinidad & Tobago, United Kingdom and Zimbabwe.
Tuition, costs and fees information
As an international undergraduate student at the University of Nevada, Reno, you may pay for tuition and fees, on-campus housing, health insurance and meals. Personal expenses, transportation costs and books vary by student, but should be factored into your budget planning.
Estimated tuition for international students is $22,922 per year.
Scholarships for international students
Unlike other universities, the University of Nevada, Reno does offer scholarships for international students, ranging from general university scholarships to department scholarships.
- International scholarships range from $1,000 to $12,000 per year for new students
- General university scholarships range from $500 to $8,000 per year
- Department scholarships range from $500 to $5,000, depending on your major
Live, virtual campus visits
Want to learn more about the University of Nevada, Reno campus and the Reno-Tahoe area prior to applying? We offer a variety of virtual and online tour options. Book yours today.