J-1 students

Applying for a visa

An exchange visitor visa is required for foreign citizens to enter the United States and participate in an exchange visitor program.

Health insurance

J-1 visa holders are required to maintain health insurance throughout the period of stay in the U.S

Work authorization

J-1 visa holders have specific provisions for working in the United States.

Home country requirements

J-1 visa holders are required to spend two years in their home country at the end of their J-1 program.