Academic concierge and complaint service

The academic concierge and complaint service is for students to either file an academic complaint or receive academic advising assistance through our concierge service. First and foremost, students should be working with their academic advisor(s) to obtain answers to questions about their academic degree requirements and progress. The Concierge Service does not serve as a substitute for advising from your department or college.

When should you use the academic concierge service?

The concierge service at the University can assist students in what steps to take if they are experiencing difficulties in getting into a course that is explicitly needed for graduation or degree progress. The service can also be helpful for non-students who are interested in applying their prior college work to a Nevada degree.

This service is for the following situations:

  • When you are approaching your last semester and will be delayed from graduating because you cannot get into a course you need.
  • When you are unable to get into a course that is a prerequisite or corequisite for another required course in your major/minor, and this will affect your ability to complete your degree program on time.
  • When you have previous college work and want to investigate obtaining a degree at the University of Nevada, Reno.

This service is not for students who:

  • Have not met the prerequisites for a class
  • Need to change sections
  • Want a section at a specific time when other sections are open
  • Have not met with their advisor

How to submit an academic concierge request

To start the process, contact the concierge and complaint service by filling out the request form. You will be contacted within 1-2 business days by someone regarding your request.