International students may enroll in classes before they arrive and report to the University. Class registration and tuition payment can be completed on MyNEVADA. To register for classes on MyNEVADA, all the holds on your MyNEVADA account must be removed. The holds to be removed include Admissions - Enrollment Hold from OISS, Enrollment Hold for immunization, and Advising Hold (only for undergraduate students). There may be other holds to be removed; check your MyNEVADA account. Click here to see how to navigate to your MyNEVADA Holds.
To remove each hold, you are required to complete the following steps:
Enrollment Hold for Immunization - removed by OISS or Admissions and Records
- Submit immunization records
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) 2 doses
- Diphtheria/Tetanus (Tdap) - within the last 10 years
Advising Hold - removed by your academic advisor (undergraduate freshmen only)
- You may use the OISS Advising Form or the departmental advising form
Admissions - Enrollment Hold from OISS - removed by OISS
- Complete the OISS Online Check-In
- Submit the Advising Form (all students)
- Remove all the holds on your MyNEVADA account
The Admissions - Enrollment Hold from OISS will be temporarily removed but will be back on to your account on the start date listed on your Form I-20 or Form DS-2019. To permanently remove the hold, you have to complete the following:
- TB blood test in addition to the required immunizations listed above
- English bridge test at the Intensive English Language Center (IELC) if you are not eligible for a waiver.
- Can only be taken at the University.
- Students unable to attend the scheduled Bridge Tests, may arrange for a personally more convenient time for a $150 fee. Failure to complete the Bridge Test requirement may result in a hold being placed on the student's account.