Skip Site Navigation
365 Learning

365 Learning

State Authorization for Distance Education

The US Department of Education requires all institutions offering distance education to be authorized in the states in which it operates. As stated in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR):

If an institution is offering postsecondary education through distance or correspondence education to students in a State in which it is not physically located or in which it is otherwise subject to State jurisdiction as determined by the State, the institution must meet any State requirements for it to be legally offering postsecondary distance or correspondence education in that State. An institution must be able to document to the Secretary the State’s approval upon request. (34 CFR § 600.9[c])

365 Learning has received approval from all 50 states and the District of Columbia for students who reside out of state and take University of Nevada, Reno online classes. These approvals are subject to change.

For students who reside in other states, it is their responsibility to evaluate the applicability of University of Nevada, Reno courses to their local licensure requirements.

Students who wish to complete field studeis, student teaching, practicums, internships, etc. outside the state of Nevada must contact their college for approval.

If you have questions, please contact:

Phone: (775) 784-4652
Fax: (775) 784-1280
Email: 365@unr.edu

The complaint agency and contact for the State of Nevada is:

David Perlman, Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education
Phone: (702) 486-7330
Email: dperlman@cpe.state.nv.us