Immunization Requirements for International Students
The on-campus Student Health Center is an accredited outpatient facility providing a wide range of services
Students are required to provide the official immunization documentation listed below to remove the Enrollment Hold for Immunization and to completely remove the Admissions - Enrollment Hold from OISS. You must submit the completed Immunization and Physical Evaluation Clearance Form to OISS at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your arrival at the University.
- Enrollment Hold for Immunization
- 2 doses of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) - if you were born before 1957, you are exempt from the MMR requirement
- An immunization within the last 10 years for Tetanus/Diphtheria (Td/Tdap)
- A quadrivalent meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MVC4) on or after 16th birthday
- Acceptable Versions are: Menactra, Menveo, or MCV4
- Non-acceptable versions: Bexero or Trumemba (MENG B) and HIB Meningitis
- For more information, please see the student FAQ page
- Admissions - Enrollment Hold from OISS
- Tuberculosis (TB) Blood Test result/ QuantiFERON
Please note, if you do not have the immunizations completed prior to your arrival at the University, you will not be eligible for class registration before your arrival to the University. You will also be required to make your own arrangements for the immunizations.
While it is possible for students to get their vaccines in order to meet their requirements for immunizations for studying in the USA after they have already arrived, it is often more cost effective and less of a hassle to have it done beforehand. The university health insurance for international students will not cover immunization costs , please see the immunization cost.
For more information, please refer to the Student Health Center.