Dr. Gumus is a teaching assistant professor in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Nevada, Reno. He received his Ph.D. in Mathematics from Southern Illinois University Carbondale in 2017. Prior to joining the University of Nevada, Reno in 2019, Dr. Gumus worked as a Visiting Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Auburn University. His primary research interests are in linear algebra, matrix computations, and machine learning.
- Math 126: Pre-Calculus I
- Math 127: Pre-Calculus II
- Math 181: Calculus I
- Math 283: Calculus III
- Math 330: Linear Algebra
- Stat 152: Introduction to Statistics
- Stat 352: Probability & Statistics
- Ph.D., Mathematics, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, 2017
- M.S., Mathematics, Koc University, Turkey, 2011
B.S., Mathematics, Koc University, Turkey, 2009
- S. Simsek, M. Gumus, M. Khalafalla, T. B. Issa, A hybrid data analytics approach for high-performance concrete compressive strength prediction, Journal of Business Analytics, 3(2), (2020), 158-168.
- M. Gumus and J. Xu, On common α-scalar Lyapunov solutions, Linear Algebra and Its Applications, 563, (2019), 123-141.
- M. Gumus, J. Liu, S. Raouafi and T.-Y. Tam, Positive semidefinite 2 x 2 block matrices and norm inequalities, Linear Algebra and Its Applications, 551, (2018), 83-91.
- M. Gumus and J. Xu, A new characterization of simultaneous Lyapunov diagonal stability via Hadamard products, Linear Algebra and Its Applications, 531, (2017), 220-233.
- M. Gumus and J. Xu, On common diagonal Lyapunov solutions, Linear Algebra and Its Applications, 507, (2016), 32-50.