Ph.D. in Mathematics graduate program handbook
This Handbook is designed to present the most pertinent information on the courses, examinations, and other requirements in our graduate program. The Graduate School Catalog should be consulted for supplementary information.
Please note: this represents the program handbook for the 2021-2022 academic year only. For an archived version of a previous year's handbook, or to obtain a hard copy of this current year's program handbook, please contact the program director.
Table of contents
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Program description
- 3 Degree requirements
- 3.1 Course work
- 3.2 Required courses
- 3.3 Electives and transfer of M.S. coursework
- 3.4 Qualifying exams
- 3.5 M.S. degree along the way to Ph.D.
- 3.6 Admittance to candidacy
- 3.7 Ph.D. dissertation
- 3.8 Graduate school academic requirements
- 4 Transfer credits
- 5 Ph.D. dissertation advisor and committee selection
- 6 Oral exam
- 7 Timeline for degree completion
- 8 Dissertation requirements
- 9 Graduate assistantships
- 10 Health insurance
- 11 Leave of absence
- 12 Graduate Student Association