Transfer credits

Transfer credits are credits transferred from another institution. Credits completed at the University of Nevada, Reno in another program or as a graduate special do not need to be transferred. Transfer credit is requested on the Graduate Credit Transfer Evaluation Request form available on Graduate School website.

The form must be signed by the student, Graduate Advisor, and Graduate Director. Transfer credits applied to the M.S. program must comply with the time limitation on Master’s work (six years). Thus, if a student took a course five years prior to admission, they would have to complete the degree within one year for the course to apply to the degree. Credits from a completed Master’s degree will be exempt from the eight-year time limitation for those students earning a doctoral degree.

Return to table of contents 

Please note: this represents the program handbook for the 2021-2022 academic year only. For an archived version of a previous year's handbook, or to obtain a hard copy of this current year's program handbook, please contact the program director.