Transfer credits

Transfer credits are credits transferred from another institution. Credits completed at UNR in another program or as a graduate special do not need to be transferred. Transfer credit is requested on the Graduate Credit Transfer Evaluation Request form available on the Graduate School website.

The form must be signed by the student, dissertation advisor, and graduate director. All requirements for the doctoral program, excluding prerequisite graduate course work or courses completed as a part of master’s degree, must be completed within a period of 8 years immediately preceding the granting of the degree.

Return to table of contents 

Please note: this represents the program handbook for the 2022-2023 academic year only. For an archived version of a previous year's handbook, or to obtain a hard copy of this current year's program handbook, please contact the program director.