Insurance guide for construction contractors
All contractors performing construction (including demo, abatement & installation) on campus must carry insurance. For full insurance requirement information (including requirements for contracts of over $10 million), please request a sample of our standard construction contract.
Named certificate holder and additional insured
In all cases, proof of insurance must be produced in certificates with the Certificate Holder named exactly as shown below:
Board of Regents
Nevada System of Higher Education
Business Center North (BCN) Purchasing
Mail Stop 242
Reno, Nevada 89557-0242
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) must be named as Additional Insured on the certificate with the accompanying endorsement document included.
Contract is up to $10,000,000
- Commercial General Liability: $2 Million Aggregate / $1 Million per Occurrence
- Products-Completed Operations: $1 Million
- Personal and Advertising Injury: $1 Million
- Fire Damage: $100,000
- Medical Payments: $5,000
- Auto Liability (Combined Single Limit): $1 Million
- Workers' Compensation and Employers' Liability: Statutory Limits for Nevada
- Each Accident: $1 Million
- Disease-Policy Limit: $1 Million
- Disease-Each Employee: $1 Million
- Pollution Liability: If work involves any site/dirt work, excavation, paving, digging, drilling, moisture protection (roofing), environmental services or has any potential environmental impact: $2 Million Aggregate / $1 Million Occurrence
- Builders' Risk Insurance: 100% of the Completed Value (or Installation Floater if the project is installation only), to include earthquake coverage if project is new construction and contract is for $1 Million or more. Max deductible $100,000.