In-design campus construction projects
New College of Business building
The design for a new multi-story College of Business building located in the University Gateway Precinct is underway. The building will house the Ozmen Center for Entrepreneurship, the Nevada Small Business Development Center, the Dean's office, and a Student Success Center, as well as, auditoriums classrooms, offices, specialty lab spaces, retail, and supporting functions.
The University Gateway Precinct, part of the University's Master Plan, will be a vibrant retail- and academic-oriented neighborhood center developed primarily by the University. It will extend campus life south of the current campus, in the area between Ninth Street and I-80.
"As the University's physical campus extends out into the community, it's a natural fit for the College of Business to occupy a building that will better allow University students and resources to connect with and welcome northern Nevada businesses," Greg Mosier, dean of the University's College of Business said. "The new building will further symbolize the regional commitment to bringing a diverse range of industries to northern Nevada and it also highlights the University's commitment to providing highly educated students who can fill positions within these industries."
The University is using a Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR) construction delivery method for this project.
- Architects: Collaborative Design Studio and Robert A.M. Stern Architects (RAMSA)
- Contractor: Gilbane
- Estimated total cost: $99.7 Million
- Estimated square footage: 94,200
- Projected construction start date: Summer 2021
- Projected construction completion date: Summer 2023
University Gateway parking garage
A design for a parking garage located in the University Gateway Precinct is underway. The University issues more than 10,000 parking permits annually with a current surplus of 1,300 permits. Projected student and faculty growth indicates that by year 2021 that number will drop to a surplus of 600 permits. The Gateway Precinct parking garage will add an additional 720 to 1,000 parking spots in a desirable location at the south end of campus. The initial design concept calls for an eight-story structure.
This work is being performed by a Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR) construction delivery method.
- Architects: ;Watry Design, Incorporated | CMAR: Clark & Sullivan Constructor, Inc.
- Estimated total cost: $29.5 Million
- Estimated square footage: 250,000
- Projected construction start date: Fall 2020
- Projected construction completion date: Fall 2021
- Project funding: Debt service for the garage will be paid with funds the University receives from parking permit sales