Doctoral internship candidate qualifications
Required qualifications for candidates
Applicants must have completed all the following formal requirements towards a Ph.D. or PsyD degree in an APA-accredited Counseling, Clinical, or School Psychology program and be in good standing, including:
- All course work necessary by the start of internship, August 1, 2023.
- Comprehensive exams by the application deadline of December 1, 2022.
- Acceptance of dissertation proposal by dissertation committee no later than the APPIC match ranking deadline.
- A minimum of 400 cumulative supervised intervention hours as defined by APPIC criteria no later than the application deadline of December 1, 2022.
- At least 320 direct therapy hours, with no less than 240 accrued during the doctoral program and at least 128 hours accrued with adults & adolescents no later than the application deadline of December 1, 2022.
- A minimum of 30 cumulative supervised assessment hours as defined by APPIC criteria no later than the application deadline of December 1, 2022.
- Experience administering a minimum of 4 WAIS-IVs or WISCs by the application deadline.
Preferred qualifications for candidates
The University of Nevada, Reno Counseling Services seeks individuals who are team players, have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, have solid communication skills, balance good self-care with effective practice, are open to learning, and value self-reflection as a tool for professional development. Preference will be given to applicants with experience administering intellectual and personality assessment measures and writing related integrated reports and applicants with clinical experience working with the college student population.