Doctoral internship candidate qualifications
Required qualifications for candidates
Applicants must have completed all the following formal requirements towards a Ph.D. or PsyD degree in an APA-accredited Counseling, Clinical, or School Psychology program and be in good standing, including:
- All course work necessary by the start of internship, August 1, 2024.
- Comprehensive exams by the application deadline of November 28, 2023.
- Acceptance of dissertation proposal by dissertation committee no later than the APPIC match ranking deadline (February 2. 2024 at 11:59 p.m. EST).
- A minimum of 250 cumulative supervised intervention hours as defined by APPIC criteria no later than October 1, 2023.
- At least 100 direct therapy hours accrued with adults & adolescents during the doctoral program under supervision no later than October 1, 2023.
- Minimum two years (training year = 9-12 months) of supervised therapy practicum experience before the start of the internship.
- A minimum of 25 cumulative supervised assessment hours as defined by APPIC criteria no later than October 1, 2023.
- Experience administering a minimum of 4 WAIS-IVs or WISCs by the application deadline.
Preferred qualifications for candidates
The University of Nevada, Reno Counseling Services seeks individuals who are team players, have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, have solid communication skills, balance good self-care with effective practice, are open to learning, and value self-reflection as a tool for professional development. Preference will be given to applicants with clinical experience working with the college student population and to applicants with experience administering comprehensive psychological assessments to clients in supervised practicum or work experiences, including writing related integrated reports.