Here are some helpful tips for improving focus during class:
Increased engagement is key!
- Ask questions of the instructor
- Take the lead for group projects
- Massage small fidgety objects (spinners, rocks)
- Seek projects that are multisensory
- Take written or typed notes during class lectures
- Avoid sitting near direct eye sight of windows and doors
It’s important that you identify strategies that work well for you.
For example, if you like to listen to music to help increase your motivation to get a task completed, the students at the University of Nevada, Reno have compiled a Spotify playlist for you to listen to while you work.
Nevada Motivation Spotify playlist