Student Advisory Board
The Student Advisory Board (SAB) will consist of 8-10 undergraduate and graduate students from the University of Nevada, Reno who will use their experiences as a student to inform and contribute to key initiatives at Counseling Services. SAB members represent the voice of our diverse student body and support Counseling Services in providing the feedback to enhance mental health efforts.
SAB members will serve in an advisory capacity to the Director of Counseling Services and Program Director for Outreach to represent the voice of our diverse student body at the University.
What are the responsibilities of the Student Advisory Board?
- Attendance of monthly board meetings. The length of monthly meetings is approximately 90 minutes.
- Participate in evaluating and providing feedback to improve Counseling Services resources and services.
- Promote campus programs to support mental health and wellness.
- Participate in professional staff interviews and selection processes.
- Provide feedback for Counseling Services’ strategic planning and initiatives.
- Engage in conversations related to college mental health concerns.
- Discuss and identify potential creative solutions to address mental health issues that affect the entire University student body.
- Provide input regarding Counseling Services outreach and campus community engagement initiatives.
What are the benefits of being a SAB member?
- You will receive valuable experience to add to your professional resume.
- Ability to provide feedback to support mental initiatives on campus.
- Helping guide the work of Counseling Services to best serve the campus community.
- Opportunity for professional development consultation by Counseling Services faculty.
How do I apply?
Students representing the diversity of the University student body (majors, years of study, race, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, etc.) are sought for the board, with applications due in May 2022. Interested students are invited to complete the online application below by Tuesday, June 14, 2022. Students will be interviewed by the Counseling Services SAB recruitment committee for consideration.
If you have any questions please contact Carla Franich, Program Director for Outreach at firstname.lastname@example.org or (775) 784-4648.