Crisis services

In any emergency involving physical harm or a threat to a life, please call 911 (9-911 from a campus phone) or contact the University of Nevada, Reno Police Department Dispatch at (775) 334-2677 (COPS) immediately.

If you are experiencing a crisis, please call Counseling Services at (775) 784-4648 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please let the Counseling Services representative know that you are requesting a same-day urgent appointment.

A counselor will briefly meet with you to determine the best course of action (scheduling an intake appointment with you, referring you to other resources, etc.).

Emergency phone numbers

  • After-Hours Crisis Line: (775) 297-8315
  • Emergency Services: 911
  • Non-Emergency Police Services: (775) 334-2677
  • National Suicide Prevention Hotline: (800) 273-8255
  • Hope Line Network: (800) 784-2433