In any emergency involving physical harm or a threat to a life, please call 911 (9-911 from a campus phone) or contact the University of Nevada, Reno Police Department Dispatch at (775) 334-2677 (COPS) immediately.
If you are experiencing a crisis, you can call or walk-in to Counseling Services between the hours of 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Let the receptionist know that you are requesting a same-day emergency appointment.
A counselor will briefly meet with you to determine the best course of action (scheduling an intake appointment with you, referring you to other resources, etc.).
Emergency phone numbers
- After-Hours Crisis Cell Phone: (775) 297-8315
- Emergency Services: 911
- Non-Emergency Police Services: (775) 334-2677
- Crisis Call Hotline: (775) 784-8090
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: (800) 273-8255
- Hope Line Network: (800) 784-2433