Clinical social work internship
The University of Nevada, Reno is recruiting for one or more full-time, 40-hour per week Clinical Social Work Interns at the Reno Counseling Services. Under the supervision of a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, the Clinical Social Work Intern will provide a full range of mental health counseling, crisis intervention, and outreach services to University students. The Clinical Social Work Intern will receive a comprehensive training experience in university psychological services, including individual and group psychotherapy and psycho-educational workshops. The position has a generalist treatment focus and also includes prevention, outreach, and consultation for the university community. The majority of this work is accomplished via one-to-one interpersonal relationships with students, but may be extended to faculty, campus organizations, and other professional members of the community. All services provided are guided by NASW values and ethics, established standards for providers of mental health services, and state and federal law.
- Candidates must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must hold a Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) from a Graduate School of Social Work program accredited by the Council of Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Must pass the appropriate examination given by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB).
- Must be licensed at the LMSW level in Nevada and does not currently hold an LCSW license.
- Candidates that have experience working in a clinical setting with university student populations are encouraged to apply.
- The preferred candidate would have experience providing counseling services to diverse populations and should have an interest in serving members from a variety of such groups.
$43,000 with a salary increase for the second year, third year, and after LCSW licensure is obtained.
Contact information for this position
Dr. Jodi Thomas, email@example.com
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for Three Professional References - at least one who is familiar with your clinical work
Posting Close Time
This posting will close at 12:00 a.m. on the date listed below. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 p.m. the day prior.
** Highest consideration will be given to applications received by 11:59 p.m. PST on June 4, 2022; however, the position will remain open until filled.
Start date: August 1, 2022 and the position will continue for about three years.
Posting Close Date