Internship admissions, support and initial placement data
Program table updates
Data last updated: September 1, 2022
This internship program does not require students, trainees, and/or staff (faculty) to comply with specific policies or practices related to the institution’s affiliation or purpose. Such policies or practices may include, but are not limited to, admissions, hiring, retention policies, and/or requirements for completion that express mission and values.
Internship Program Admissions
Briefly describe in narrative form important information to assist potential applicants in assessing their likely fit with your program. This description must be consistent with the program’s policies on intern selection and practicum and academic preparation requirements:
The University of Nevada, Reno currently offers 3 full-time internship positions. We base our selection process on the entire application package submitted through AAPI; however, applicants must complete the following required qualifications prior to the date specific therein:
- Current enrollment and good standing in an APA-accredited doctoral program.
- All course work necessary by the start of internship, August 1, 2023.
- Comprehensive exams by the application deadline of December 1, 2022.
- Masters degree obtained by the application deadline of December 1, 2022.
- Acceptance of dissertation proposal by dissertation committee no later than the APPIC match ranking deadline.
- A minimum of 400 cumulative supervised intervention hours as defined by APPIC criteria no later than the application deadline of December 1, 2022.
- At least 320 direct therapy hours, with no less than 240 accrued during the doctoral program and at least 128 hours accrued with adults & adolescents no later than the application deadline of December 1, 2022.
- A minimum of 30 cumulative supervised assessment hours as defined by APPIC criteria no later than the application deadline of December 1, 2022.
- Experience administering a minimum of 4 WAIS-IVs or WISCs by the application deadline.
- Experience administering intellectual and personality assessment measures and writing related integrated reports.
- Applicants with clinical experience working with the college student population.
|Hours or Criteria||Amount or Requirement|
|Total Direct Contact Intervention Hours||Yes, 400|
|Total Direct Contact Assessment Hours||Yes, 30|
Financial and Other Benefit Support for the Upcoming Year
|Financial or Other Benefit||Amount or Benefit Provided|
|Annual Stipend/Salary for Full-time Interns||$37,000|
|Annual Stipend/Salary for Half-time Interns||N/A|
|Program provides access to medical insurance for intern?||Yes|
|Trainee contribution to cost required?||Yes|
|Coverage of family member(s) available?||Yes|
|Coverage of legally married partner available?||Yes|
|Coverage of domestic partner available?||Yes|
|Hours of Annual Paid Personal Time Off (PTO and/or Vacation)||80|
|Hours of Annual Paid Sick Leave||80|
|In the event of medical conditions and/or family needs that require extended leave, does the program allow reasonable unpaid leave to interns/residents in excess of personal time off and sick leave?||No|
|Other Benefits (please describe)||Total leave provided by the internship is 200 hours annually, inclusive of sick, vacation, and professional development leave.|
Initial Post-Internship Positions: 2018-2021
|Total number of interns who were in the three cohorts||9|
|Total number of interns who did not seek employment because they returned to their doctoral program/are completing doctoral degree||0|
|Setting||Post-Doctoral Position||Employed Position|
|Community mental health center||1||0|
|University counseling center||3||0|
|Veterans Affairs health care system||0||0|
|Health maintenance organization||0||0|
|Independent practice setting||4||0|