Pack Provisions strives to support all members of the University of Nevada, Reno with the daily resources they need to ensure success. This mission is carried out by providing access to perishable and non-perishable foods, school supplies, hygiene items and more.
How Pack Provisions works
Orders are placed online with the Pack Provisions online request form.
Orders can be picked up Monday – Friday from the Center for Student Engagement or request for delivery from Campus Escort within three (3) miles of the University on Tuesdays or Thursdays from 1-3pm. You will receive an email when your order is ready to be picked up.
If you would like to have your order delivered, your order needs to be placed by 8 a.m. the day of, with all address information filled out accurately. Campus Escort will call you before they delivery your online request. Their cell phone number is (775) 742-6808. If you are not home, they will leave the delivery at the nearest location that is safe for our staff.
Starting the week of September 28, Campus Escort will change their delivery dates to Monday, Wednesday and Fridays starting at 5 p.m.
Pack Provisions electronic Walmart gift card program
Guidelines for purchases using a grocery store gift card
This program is for students currently not residing in the Reno/Sparks area. Students can apply for this service on a biweekly basis. Students will submit an application on Formstack acknowledging the above policy. Applications will be reviewed once a week. If approved, students will receive an email with the gift card number and usage rules. Distribution will be kept on an excel sheet in Nevada Box. Receipts will be sent within a week.
Anyone receiving a gift card from ASUN Pack Provisions must acknowledge the following policies:
- The receipt from the store must be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org within one week of your purchase
- The card is intended for the purchase of fresh, healthy items and may only be used to purchased items in the following categories:
- Dairy (milk, eggs, cheese, butter)
- Fruit and vegetables (frozen or fresh)
- Meats (refrigerated/frozen meats or meat substitutes)
- Breads/Grains (bread, bagels, rolls, oatmeal, rice, cereal, granola)
- Other items to accommodate any dietary restrictions
When the receipt is returned, the Center for Student Engagement administration will verify that only approved items were purchased on the card. Violation of any of the above policies will result in that student being denied further assistance in the future and paying back funds that were used incorrectly.
Pack Provisions meal swipe requests
Requests can be sent through the Pack Provisions meal swipe request form.
Local students can place requests for meal swipes in increments of five. These meal swipes are then placed on your Wolf Card. These swipes can be used at a University dining location. Meal swipes do not expire until the end of the semester.
You must use all swipes before applying for more.
Students are not eligible for this program if they already have a meal plan.
You can help by volunteering
Our program relies on student volunteers to provide the highest quality and most accessible service to our campus community.
Volunteers are held to the same moral and ethical standards as Pack Provisions staff. Volunteers are required to keep all information about visitors confidential. Here's what we're looking for in volunteers:
- Enthusiasm for helping others
- Excellent communication skills
- Superb customer service skills
Volunteers help Pack Provisions meet our goals! Additional responsibilities will depend on the present need but can consist of:
- Packing online orders for students
- Assisting with order delivery and pick up
- Organizing and sorting the food and resource pantry
- Tabling to promote program awareness
- Special projects including outreach, communications, research and programming
We ask that volunteers commit to volunteering 3 hours each week for the duration of the semester. We try to be consistent in our hours so students, faculty and staff can access the service. If you are interested in volunteering with Pack Provisions, please send an email to email@example.com.
A big part of what Pack Provisions provides to the university community is through donations. If you have any food, hygiene, or clothing items, you can bring them to the Center for Student Engagement on the 3rd floor of the Joe Crowley Student Union.
Pack Provisions accepts financial donations, which help significantly in our mission of serving as many students, faculty and staff as possible. To make an online donation using a credit card, use one of the options below:
You can help by hosting a drive
Many of our resources come from donations. We encourage clubs, organizations and university departments to consider our program when planning donation drives of food, toiletry items or school supplies. Donated resources will stay and support members of the university community. Because we are a small program with limited space, any excess donations that we cannot use will be donated to a local organization of your choosing.
All donation items will be wiped down prior to redistributing items to our students.
Here are some examples of how Pack Provisions can support your donation drive:
- Providing donation bins decorated with our publicity for your organization to set up in locations on campus or at your event.
- We will help promote your drive through existing Center for Student Engagement channels such as social media and newsletters. (Be aware that this does not include ASUN's Inkblot graphic design or video services.)
If your drive is taking place at an event and following COVID-19 guidelines and parameters, we can send a representative with information about our service to accept the donation.