Pack Provisions strives to support all members of the University of Nevada, Reno to achieve academic success with the access to daily resources. This mission is carried out by eliminating barriers University community members may have, while experiencing financial hardship. Pack Provisions provides social wellness through perishable and non-perishable foods, grocery funds, school supplies, hygiene items and more.
This service is not government funded, therefore it is not considered a public charge benefit and will not affect the status of international students. This service does not require a social security, state ID or a passport to request services. This service does not impact financial aid awards.
How Pack Provisions works
Students and Faculty will no longer be required to submit an intake form for every usage of Pack Provisions as we have launched a software platform called PantrySoft. This platform allows you to complete your intake information once then go back and place online orders.
Steps for using PantrySoft for your Pack Provisions order:
- Visit PantrySoft. Select "login with NetID"
- First time users will need to fill out the registration form
- Orders can be picked up during the following hours from the Center of Student Engagement located on the 3rd floor of the Joe Crowley Student Union. We are closed all University holidays.
- Hours of operation:
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00a.m. - 8:00p.m.
- Friday: 8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00a.m. - 2:00p.m.
If you need assistance creating your account, placing an order, or changing your pick-up time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can help by volunteering
Our program relies on student volunteers to provide the highest quality and most accessible service to our campus community.
Volunteers are held to the same moral and ethical standards as Pack Provisions staff. Volunteers are required to keep all information about visitors confidential. Here's what we're looking for in volunteers:
- Enthusiasm for helping others
- Excellent communication skills
- Superb customer service skills
Training is required for all volunteers. This training is accessible through Canvas, and it must be completed before coming in to volunteer. Please fill out the Pack Provisions training request, and we will admit you to the Pack Provisions volunteers course on Canvas. You must accept this invitation to join in order to see the materials.
Please complete the volunteer requirements module on Canvas. It contains a training PowerPoint, a short quiz on the training, as well as instructions to fill out paperwork required for all volunteers by ASUN. Once these two tasks have been completed, please sign-up to volunteer on GivePulse. You can sign up for a specific event such as Mobile Monday or you can sign-up for the ongoing event packing orders.
Volunteers help Pack Provisions meet our goals! Additional responsibilities will depend on the present need but can consist of:
- Packing online orders for students
- Organizing and sorting the food and resource pantry
- Tabling to promote program awareness
- Special projects including outreach, communications, research and programming
We ask that volunteers commit to volunteering 3 hours each week for the duration of the semester. We try to be consistent in our hours so students, faculty and staff can access the service. If you are interested in volunteering with Pack Provisions, please send an email to email@example.com.
A big part of what Pack Provisions provides to the university community is through donations. If you have any food, hygiene, or clothing items, you can bring them to the Center for Student Engagement on the 3rd floor of the Joe Crowley Student Union.
Pack Provisions is in need of:
- Canned protein
- Canned soup
- Fruit cups
- Granola bars
- Body wash
- Laundry detergent
Pack Provisions accepts financial donations, which help significantly in our mission of serving as many students, faculty and staff as possible. To make an online donation using a credit card, use one of the options below:
You can help by hosting a drive
Many of our resources come from donations. We encourage clubs, organizations and university departments to consider our program when planning donation drives of food, toiletry items or school supplies. Donated resources will stay and support members of the university community. Because we are a small program with limited space, any excess donations that we cannot use will be donated to a local organization.
Here are some examples of how Pack Provisions can support your donation drive:
- Providing donation bins decorated with our publicity for your organization to set up in locations on campus or at your event.
- We will help promote your drive through existing Center for Student Engagement channels such as social media and newsletters. (Be aware that this does not include ASUN's Inkblot graphic design or video services.)