Important election dates and information
Download the candidate packet for the 2021 elections.
- Virtual Mandatory Candidates Meeting, Tuesday, February 9 at 7 p.m.
- Primary Elections Withdrawal Deadline, Tuesday, February 9 by the end of the mandatory candidates meeting.
- Campaigning Begins, Wednesday, February 10 at 8 a.m.
- Primary Elections (if necessary), Wednesday, March 3 at 8 a.m. until Thursday March 4 at 5 p.m.
- General Elections Withdrawal Deadline, Wednesday, March 3 at 5 p.m.
- General Elections, Wednesday, March 10 at 8 a.m. until Thursday March 11 at 5 p.m.
Review the candidate packet for a complete listing of important dates and deadlines. Dates and deadlines are subject to change.
Attend an ASUN Debate
- Virtual Senator Debate, Tuesday, February 16 at 7:30 p.m. via Zoom (College of Engineering and Community Health Sciences)
- Virtual Senator Debate, Thursday, February 18 at 7:30 p.m via Zoom (CABNR and College of Liberal Arts)
- Virtual Senator Debate, Tuesday, February 23 at 7:30 p.m. via Zoom (College of Business and School of Journalism)
- Virtual Senator Debate, Thursday, February 25 at 7:30 p.m. via Zoom (College of Science and School of Education)
- Virtual Primary Election Debate, Presidential candidates, Monday, March 1 at 7:30 p.m.
- Virtual Primary Election Debate, Vice Presidential candidates, Tuesday, March 2 at 7:30 p.m.
- Virtual General Election Debate, Presidential candidates, Monday, March 8 at 7:30 p.m.
- Virtual General Election Debate, Vice Presidential candidates, Tuesday, March 9 at 7:30 p.m.
Vote for your ASUN Representatives!
ASUN primary elections will take place on March 3 and 4. ASUN general elections will take place on March 10 and 11.
Voting will take place online via WebCT. A physical polling location will be located in the Center for Student Engagement from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. on election days
Don't want to run for office?
Students can also apply for appointed positions in March. Check the student employment website for specific positions.
Not ready to run or apply for office?
Get your feet wet by participating in an ASUN internship program. Internship positions are available in various ASUN departments including the Senate, the Department of Programming, and Legislative Affairs. Positions are usually made available on the student employment website at the end of summer.
For questions about elections
Contact Director of Elections and Democratic Education Kevin Finkler at firstname.lastname@example.org