Starting a club
This information is for clubs/organizations that are new and/or have not been ASUN recognized within the last two fiscal years. If you are renewing a club/organization, please visit the club renewal page. Club recognition status is based on the Universities fiscal year.
Please familiarize yourself with the ASUN Clubs & Orgs department procedures manual
Steps to start an ASUN-recognized Club
Step 1: Learn about the recognition process
Set up a meeting the ASUN Assistant Director in Clubs & Orgs or a Club Commissioner. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can connect you with someone.
Step 2: Submit a club recognition application on PackLife
In order to submit this application, you will need to have ready a couple of documents and a few pieces of information:
- Club Name
- Club Mission Statement or Description
- Coalition: Click on the link to see the list of coalitions
- Name, NET ID, and contact information for the President & Treasurer
- Name, NET ID, and contact information for your Safety Officer (club sports coalition only)
- Name, title, and contact info for your faculty or staff advisor (must be full-time University staff or faculty)
- Name and contact info of a community advisor or coach (if either of these apply to you)
- Name and contact info for any national or local organizations your club is a part of
- Club logo image (if you have one)
- Club Constitution: Please review the sample constitution and guidelines. We recommend that you follow that format closely, paying special attention to the highlighted sections. Clubs that plan to be in the Competitive Club Sports Coalition will need additional required language. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information
- Club Mission Statement or description of your club
- Emails for at least two additional club members
Step 3: Complete new club recognition tasks
After submitting their application, Presidents and Treasurers will receive an email from a club commissioner with a list of Club Recognition Tasks specific to your type of club. Below are the Club Recognition Tasks that clubs need to make sure are done, submitted, or confirmed.
All clubs must complete all recognition tasks to be considered recognized and active for the fiscal year.