Starting a club
This information is for clubs/organizations that are new and/or have not been ASUN recognized within the last two fiscal years. If you are renewing a club/organization, please visit the club renewal page. Club recognition status is based on the Universities fiscal year.
- 2020-2021 Club Recognition is valid July 1, 2020-June 30, 2021
- 2021-2022 Club Recognition is valid July 1, 2021-June 30, 2022
The deadline to submit a club registration form for any new clubs is February 1, 2022. After this deadline, we recommend you wait to start a club until we begin accepting club renewals for 2021-2022 on April 1, 2022.
Please familiarize yourself with the ASUN Clubs & Orgs Department Procedures Manual
Steps to start an ASUN-recognized Club
Step 1: Learn about the recognition process
Set up a meeting the ASUN Assistant Director in Clubs & Orgs or a Club Commissioner. Email us at email@example.com so we can connect you with someone.
Step 2: Submit a Club Recognition Application on PackLife
In order to submit this application, you will need to have ready a couple of documents and a few pieces of information:
- Club Name
- Club Mission Statement or Description
- Coalition: Click on the link to see the list of coalitions
- Name, NET ID, and contact information for the President & Treasurer
- Name, NET ID, and contact information for your Safety Officer (club sports coalit only)
- Name, title, and contact info for your faculty or staff advisor (must be full-time University staff or faculty)
- Name and contact info of a community advisor or coach (if either of these apply to you)
- Name and contact info for any national or local organizations your club is a part of
- Club logo image (if you have one)
- Club Constitution: Please review the Sample Constitution & Guidelines. We recommend that you follow that format closely, paying special attention to the highlighted sections.
- Club Mission Statement or description of your club
- Emails for at least two additional club members
Step 3: Complete New Club Recognition Tasks
After submitting their application, Presidents and Treasurers will receive an email from the ASUN Center for Student Engagement with a list of Club Recognition Tasks specific to your type of club. Below are the Club Recognition Tasks that clubs need to make sure are done, submitted, or confirmed in order to be recognized for the 2021-22 fiscal year.
The deadline for these tasks will vary based on the time of year when you submit. Generally, you will have 30 business days from the start of a semester to complete the tasks below, but this will vary if you apply during a semester. You will be provided with a deadline specific for your club in the email we send you with your list of Club Recognition Tasks.