Starting a club
This information is for clubs/organizations that are new and/or have not been ASUN recognized within the last two fiscal years. If you are renewing a club/organization, please visit the club renewal page. Club recognition status is based on the Universities fiscal year.
- 2020-2021 Club Recognition is valid July 1, 2020-June 30, 2021
- 2021-2022 Club Recognition is valid July 1, 2021-June 30, 2022
The deadline to submit a club registration form for any new clubs is February 1, 2022. After this deadline, we recommend you wait to start a club until we begin accepting club renewals for 2021-2022 on April 1, 2022.
The deadline for New Clubs to complete all of their recognition tasks for 2021-22 is March 1, 2022.
Please familiarize yourself with the ASUN Clubs & Orgs department procedures manual
Steps to start an ASUN-recognized Club
Step 1: Learn about the recognition process
Set up a meeting the ASUN Assistant Director in Clubs & Orgs or a Club Commissioner. Email us at email@example.com so we can connect you with someone.
Step 2: Submit a club recognition application on PackLife
In order to submit this application, you will need to have ready a couple of documents and a few pieces of information:
- Club Name
- Club Mission Statement or Description
- Coalition: Click on the link to see the list of coalitions
- Name, NET ID, and contact information for the President & Treasurer
- Name, NET ID, and contact information for your Safety Officer (club sports coalit only)
- Name, title, and contact info for your faculty or staff advisor (must be full-time University staff or faculty)
- Name and contact info of a community advisor or coach (if either of these apply to you)
- Name and contact info for any national or local organizations your club is a part of
- Club logo image (if you have one)
- Club Constitution: Please review the sample constitution and guidelines. We recommend that you follow that format closely, paying special attention to the highlighted sections. Clubs that plan to be in the Competitive Club Sports Coalition will need additional required language. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Club Mission Statement or description of your club
- Emails for at least two additional club members
Step 3: Complete new club recognition tasks
After submitting their application, Presidents and Treasurers will receive an email from a club commissioner with a list of Club Recognition Tasks specific to your type of club. Below are the Club Recognition Tasks that clubs need to make sure are done, submitted, or confirmed no later than March 1, 2022 in order to be recognized for the 2021-22 fiscal year.
New Clubs that submit their registration in Spring 2021 will be given Spring 2021-22 tasks to complete. New Clubs that complete their spring tasks for 2021-22 will receive Active status for the rest of 2020-21 and 2021-22.
New Clubs that submit a registration form in Fall 2021 will want to finish their recognition tasks as soon as possible in order to take advantage of all Active club privileges. However, the final deadline to submit all tasks to be active for 2021-22 is March 1.
Students wanting to start a new club during the Spring 2022 semester, may want to wait until club recognition starts again on April 1, 2022. New clubs who complete their spring tasks for 2022-23, will also receive recognition for the rest of the 2022 fiscal year.