skip to main content

Club Sports

Club Sports Manual

The Club Sports Program Manual (PDF) serves as a guide outlining requirements and expectations for Club Sports. Be sure to familiarize yourself with this central resource for the success and longevity of your club.

Club Sports Council

The Mission of the Club Sports Council is to provide avenues for clubs to learn from each other, to act as a liaison between the clubs and the Club Sport Program staff, to promote the Club Sports program throughout the University and address matters that impact the program.

Club Sports Annual Renewal

In addition to the Club Renewal Process, at the beginning of each academic year/season, each Club Sports team needs to ensure the following paperwork is up to date and on file in the Center for Student Engagement Office with Rocio Ayard-Ochoa, Assistant Director of Student Engagement, Clubs and Organizations.

Renewal Application (PDF)

At the beginning of every year, each club sport needs to submit a Club Sport Renewal Application to the Club Sports Council to determine competition tier status, priority for facilities, funding allotments, etc.

Club Sports Concussion Safety Training

As part of our effort to maximize student safety we have implemented a concussion training for all coaches, officials, and staff working with club sports.

Club Sports Roster: 

1) Coaches & Officers (PDF) 2) Participants (PDF)

An up-to-date roster needs to be kept in the Center for Student Engagement Office.  This roster is used to prove who is a registered member with your team for insurance and liability reasons. 

Liability Waiver (PDF)

Each person on your team needs to have a waiver on file with the Center for Student Engagement office before they can participate in any sort of practice or game. This waiver needs to be updated each school year with the student's current contact information.

Volunteer Agreement (PDF)

Each coach needs to sign a volunteer agreement in order to work with student teams.  Coaches should set the dates of assignment from August to July of that school year, and submit a new volunteer agreement with the rest of the team's paperwork each school year.

First Aid/CPR Certification

At least two individuals from each team need to be First Aid/CPR certified with a copy of their certification cards on file in the Center for Student Engagement office.  Typically, teams will have their coach and one other member certified.  To find a certification course in your area, check out the American Red Cross. Teams should ensure that at least one First Aid/CPR certified person is at all practices and games. 

Games and Practice Information

Lombardi Facility Request

The Lombardi Facility Request form must be filled out before use of Lombardi's facilities will be approved. 

ESI Security

For all home games, teams are required to hire security. The Student Events Advisory Board will recommend the number of security guards needed and your club will need to contact ESI Security Solutions for reservations.

Accident/Injury Report

In the case of an accident or injury, club sports must follow the guidelines set forth in the Club Sports Program, and an Accident/Injury Report Form must be submitted to ASUN.

First aid kit checkout

Please allow 24 hours for us to process your request. You will only be notified if there is a problem or conflict. If you have a question about your reservation, please contact Central Station at


Traveling as a Club Sport requires much preparation. In order for your trip to be approved, your travel paperwork must be submitted 15 days in advance and be within the permitted mileage. Click here and go to Travel Paperwork for all required travel forms. The following forms must be submitted with your paperwork to ASUN Central Station.

Travel Information Report (PDF)

Please submit this prior to making travel plans.

Team Travel Roster (PDF)

This roster should contain the names of all Sports Club Participants including advisors and coaches who are traveling.

Personal Vehicle Checklist (PDF)

Please fill this out prior using your personal vehicle for club sports travel.

If you have any question about Travel Paperwork, please contact the Assistant Director of Student Engagement, Clubs and Organizations

New Club Sport

New Club Sports Recognition Application (PDF)

This form must be completed in order to receive the recognition as a new Club Sport in addition to the New Club Application.

Take the next step...