Making a Complaint

As a client of the Psychological Services Center, you have the right to the best service the staff can provide. If at any time you are dissatisfied with the services you have received, you are entitled to take the following steps:

  1. Discuss the problem with the staff person or therapist involved. Misunderstanding are often resolved by talking over such questions. If you remain dissatisfied after talking with the staff member or therapist, or feel you cannot discuss the matter with him or her, you may contact the PSC co-directors using the information provided below.
  2. Discuss the problem with the case supervisor. The input from a supervisor familiar with the therapist and your case can sometimes help reach a solution to the problem. It is recommended that clients who cannot resolve the problem with the therapist contact the case supervisor. Information on the name of the case supervisor and how to contact him or her can be obtained from the therapist. If discussing the problem with the supervisor does not result in a solution to the problem, you can contact the director of the PSC.
  3. File a complaint with the PSC director. Your complaint should be addressed to

David Bridgett
Director of the Psychological Service Center
Psychological Service Center/298
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, NV 89557
(775) 784-6668

You may make your complaint in person, by telephone or by mail.