Member information for Psi Chi
Minimum qualifications for active student membership in Psi Chi:
- Completion of at least three semesters or five quarters of the college course
- Completion of nine semester hours or 14 quarter hours of psychology
- Registration for major or minor standing in psychology or for a program psychological in nature that is equivalent to such standings
- Undergraduates who are elected to Psi Chi must have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 and rank in the upper 35 percent of their class in general scholarship. They also must demonstrate superior scholarship in psychology, earning a minimum GPA in psychology courses of 3.0. For the purpose of this section, Psi Chi accepts the policy of the institution regarding grades.
- For graduate students, an average grade of "B" or better in all graduate courses, including psychology.
- High standards of personal behavior
- Two-thirds affirmative vote of those present at a regular meeting of the chapter
- Note: Don't meet the qualifications for joining Psi Chi yet? Don't worry - students can join the Psychology Club, which operates in conjunction with Psi Chi. Stop by one of the meetings for more information.
Applying for Psi Chi Membership
To apply for membership in the University of Nevada, Reno chapter of Psi Chi, pick up a membership application packet from the Psi Chi bulletin board on the fourth floor of the Mack Social Science building. The board is located in between the main Psychology Department office and the Behavior Analysis Program office. You also can stop by one of the Psi Chi meetings to get an application.
Complete the application and place it in the Psi Chi mailbox in the main Psychology Department office (MSS 438). Membership in Psi Chi requires a total fee of $65 ($55 for the national membership, and $10 for the local chapter membership).
For more information on Psi Chi membership, feel free to contact one of the officers.