The University Research Council serves at the pleasure of Research & Innovation to provide feedback and suggestions on a broad range of research related initiatives, policies, procedures, and enhancements at the University. The URC also serves as a forum for the VPRI to seek guidance for strategic initiatives and evaluate submissions for internal competitive programs.
Research & Innovation will convey information pertinent to the conduct, growth, and development of research at the University of Nevada, Reno to The University Research Council to enhance dissemination of such information to the campus community.
Join Researchnotes—the Research & Innovation group email list—to receive information on external funding opportunities, upcoming events and other announcements from the division.
The University Research Council benefits from the contributions of University senior faculty and administration. It is comprised of two faculty members appointed by the Faculty Senate, Associate Deans from the College of Science, the College of Liberal Arts, the College of Engineering, the College of Business, the School of Medicine, and Cooperative Extension, as well as Chairs and other research intensive faculty members from diverse disciplines across campus to construct a representative group of scientist and scholars.
- Faculty Senate Representative – Christopher Church
- Faculty Senate Representative – Mary Peacock
- Faculty Senate Representative – Peter Sebaaly
- Associate Dean from College of Science – Katherine McCall
- Associate Dean from the College of Liberal Arts – Darrell Lockhart
- Associate Dean from the College of Engineering – Indira Chatterjee
- Associate Dean from the College of Business – Kambiz Raffiee
- Representative from the School of Medicine – Danielle Eaton
- Representative from the Reynolds School of Journalism- Gi Woong Yun
- Associate Dean of Graduate Programs for the Orvis School of Nursing – Stephanie DeBoor
- Representative from the University Libraries – Ann Medaille
- Liaison Cooperative Extension – Loretta Singletary
- Associate Director from the College of Agriculture, Biotechnology & Natural Resources – Chris Pritsos
- Executive Director from the Center for the Application of Substance Abuse Technologies – Nancy Roget
- Associate Dean from the College of Education – MaryAnn Demchak
- Associate Professor from the School of Community Health Sciences – Matthew Strickland
- Associate Vice President for Research – Ahmad Itani
The University Research Council meets once a month in the fall and spring semesters on the second Friday of the month from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the Research & Innovation conference room (Ross Hall 207). Meetings during the summer months are held at the discretion of the committee, and if held, will be done so at the same time and place.
Special meetings of The University Research Council may be held as necessary, and any details for special meetings will be posted in advance.
Meeting Information, Minutes and Agendas
To access past Research Council meeting agendas and minutes, please visit the Research Council meeting archive in NevadaBox. If you do not see the notes you are looking for, please contact email@example.com.