Faculty & Staff
- IP created within the scope of their employment
- IP created as the result of an assignment from a University employee
- IP created as part of a grant award
- IP created with significant use of University resources (including funds)
- IP created by a University employee under a corporate-sponsored research agreement
University and other institution jointly own
- IP created with a collaborator from another institution
University and a company jointly own
- IP created by a University employee and a company employee under a corporate-sponsored research agreement
- Company will receive a first option to license the University of Nevada, Reno ownership portion under reasonable terms.
- The University of Nevada, Reno will not have any rights to company’s pre-existing or solely owned IP except as needed to perform the research project.
Faculty & staff own
- Traditional Scholarly Works they have authored/created, including
- book chapters
- course materials
- and the like
These items are most often covered by copyright. The University has the right to use the works for research and educational purposes.