Mridul Gautam, Ph.D.
Vice President for Research and Innovation
Research & Innovation exists as a service organization for the University faculty. We focus on enhancing research enterprise by supporting collaboration and innovation.
We strive to provide faculty with the resources necessary to succeed in their goals of educating students, conducting research and contributing to regional economic development.
We are focused on managing the support organizations that assist faculty in obtaining and managing funding, conducting research with integrity and in a safe and healthy environment, and facilitating connections with industry.
We want to continue to build a collaborative University setting where faculty can form connections and work on interdisciplinary research that produces discoveries with wide ranging effects.
The University of Nevada, Reno will be recognized as a leader in developing solutions to regional, national and global grand challenges through excellence in fundamental, applied and translational research, scholarship, creative works and innovation.
- Enhance the status of the University as an internationally recognized, high impact research university.
- Support world-class research, discovery, innovation and commercialization.
- Provide high quality service and competitive infrastructure to enable faculty and students to excel in their research, scholarly and creative endeavors, and entrepreneurial activities.
- Minimize the research administrative burden on faculty.
- Provide a safe work environment, foster ethical conduct, and adhere to regulatory requirements.
- Pursuit of excellence
- Fairness, respect and inclusiveness
Please contact us if you need guidance and we will connect you with a person who will provide support.