V. Student Learning Outcomes
The student learning outcomes for all of the different graduate degrees include:
- To read and critically evaluate relevant scientific literature in the specific topic area of the advanced geology/geological engineering/geophysics sub discipline studied.
- To demonstrate an advanced level of competency and mastery in the specific topic area of their thesis.
- To discuss the relationship of the specialized area of geology/geological engineering/geophysics studied in their thesis in the broader context of the field and Earth Sciences in general.
Table of contents
- General University and Departmental Requirements for an Advanced Degree at the University of Nevada, Reno
- Departmental Requirements for an M.S. Degree
- Departmental Requirements for the Ph.D. Degree
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Graduate School Requirements
- Graduate Assistantships
- Theses, Dissertations and Publications
- Working Hours and Vacations
- Mental Health and Additional Resources
- Requirements for Specific Degree Programs in the Department of Geological Sciences and Engineering
- A Final Word