More opportunities at the University of Nevada, Reno
- McNair Scholars Program—University of Nevada, Reno
Research and academic opportunities to encourage underrepresented groups to pursue doctoral degrees.
- Nevada IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE) Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program
Undergrads will get a hands-on lab experience in biomedical science through a National Institutes of Health (NIH) award.
- Nevada State Undergraduate Research Journal
Students across the state of Nevada have the opportunity to publish their work in this selective, peer-reviewed research journal. NSURJ is operated through the Associated Students of the University of Nevada.
- Nexus in Nevada: Innovative research to achieve water efficient and environmentally friendly solar power
Opportunities available for $4,000 scholarships. Students working in areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), except for medical sciences, are eligible. Fields related to solar energy, water and/or environmental research are of special interest.
Other opportunities from entities outside the University
- BuG ReMeDEE initiative – Summer Undergraduate Research Experience
This NSF sponsored program offers a $5,000 stipend and free housing to spend the summer studying microbes in the extreme environments of a 4,850-ft deep mine and Yellowstone National Park and present at a state-wide conference. Learn more about BuG ReMeDEE.
- Center for Computation & Technology – Research Experience for Undergraduates
The Center for Computation & Technology (CCT) hosts a ten-week Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program where students work collaboratively on a wide variety of computational science projects. Learn more about the computation and technology REU.
- Gerald A. Soffen Memorial Fund Travel Grant Opportunity
The Gerald A. Soffen Memorial Fund is a travel grant application opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students pursuing studies in the fields of space science and engineering.
- NASA DEVELOP
DEVELOP addresses environmental and public policy issues through interdisciplinary research projects that apply the lens of NASA Earth observations to community concerns around the globe.
- NASA Internships and Fellowships
Visit NASA to find their opportunities for students and explore stories from their past interns and fellows.
- NASA Lucy Mission to Jupiter’s Trojan Asteroids
Undergraduate science and engineering students can apply for this team-based, 12-week program to gain experience with NASA mission protocols, procedures and practices.
- NASA Summer Student Internship at Johnson Space Center
Students who are accepted for this NASA internship can qualify for funding through the Nevada Space Grant Consortium.
- Nevada Student Airborne Research Program (SARP)
Highly motivated, advanced undergraduate students will work in multi-disciplinary teams to study surface, atmospheric, and oceanographic processes.
- Nevada INBRE
Nevada INBRE offers an exciting opportunity for undergraduates to have a hands-on laboratory experience in an emerging field of biomedical science such as genomics, proteomics, biological imaging, bioinformatics, or any field of research supported by the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Nevada Space Grant Consortium
Check for scholarships, courses and travel grants for research and training relevant to NASA and Nevada’s workforce needs.
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory Competition: Nuclear Power: A Safe Future
Students will identify a potential future threat to nuclear power plant safety and propose a plan to mitigate it. Prizes are $5000, $3000 and $1000 scholarships.
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory Spring and Summer Internships
Nuclear Engineering Science Laboratory Synthesis Program offers students on-the-job educational and research opportunities in areas of interest such as: nuclear security technologies; nuclear systems analysis, design and safety; fuels, isotopes, and nuclear materials.
- Office of Intramural Training & Education Undergraduate Scholarship Program
National Institutes of Health scholarships for students from disadvantaged backgrounds who are pursuing careers in biomedical, behavioral and social science health-related research.
- Pathways to Science
A number of opportunities from a variety of private and federal funders for students pursuing STEM fields of study.
- The Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine
Multidisciplinary Research Opportunities in Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine (MultiTERM).
- Web Guide to Research for Undergraduates
An interactive web-based tool intended to assist undergraduates navigate the hurdles of an undergraduate research experience.