Pack Research Experience Program
The Pack Research Experience Program (PREP) is a research award that directly benefits historically underrepresented and first-generation students with an academic standing of freshman or sophomore. Get paid to work on a research project or creative activity under the guidance of a faculty mentor!
Benefits of participating:
- Get paid while learning about research.
- Apply what you learn in the classroom to real issues.
- Develop skills and knowledge that can help you be a better student.
- Build a supportive community around you that includes faculty, staff and fellow students.
- Contribute to a team of researchers that are developing new knowledge.
- Build experience to apply for other undergraduate research opportunities, the McNair Scholars Program or even graduate school.
Mentors and projects for spring 2023
Applications for these projects are due in the fall of 2022. Visit the PREP student information page for details.
Chang Hyun Seo
Studying how the welfare state’s characteristics and capacity influence its citizen’s life during the pandemic
Investigating lithium production and evaluating the environmental burdens of lithium-ion batteries