Opportunities for Research, Scholarship & Creative Activity
Opportunities through Undergraduate Research
- NEW!!! Community-Based Research Experience for Undergraduates
Agencies and non-profits interested in getting answers to community-based research questions are paired with undergraduate students interested in applied research and community involvement.
- Honors Undergraduate Research Award
Funding to assist senior honor students with thesis projects.
- International Research Experience for Undergraduates
Do research abroad this summer at one of our international partner universities.
- Nevada Undergraduate Research Award
INTRODUCING A FALL 2017 APPLICATION OPPORTUNITY!!! Same award amount, same great award. Students in all disciplines can submit a proposal to fund academic research, scholarship or creative activity. Didn't get awarded in the Fall 2017 semester? Take this opportunity and utilize the feedback from your previous proposal.
- NSF-EPSCoR Solar Energy-Water-Environment Nexus Award
Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP) awards through the NSF-EPSCoR program for projects relating to solar energy have been awarded for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- NEW!!! Travel Award
Students presenting at professional conferences may receive funding for travel costs associated with the conference.
- Honors Undergraduate Research Award: Application due Monday, October 16, 2017
- Community-Based Research for Undergraduates Fall 2017: Application due Monday, October 30, 2017
- Nevada Undergraduate Research Award Fall Solicitation: Monday, November 13, 2017
- International Research Experience for Undergraduates: Application due Monday, February 12, 2018
- NSF-EPSCoR Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program: Final awards have been issued.
- Community-Based Research for Undergraduates Spring 2018: Application due Monday, March 9, 2018
- Nevada Undergraduate Research Award Spring Solicitation: Monday, March 26, 2018
More opportunities at University of Nevada, Reno
- McNair Scholars Program—University of Nevada, Reno
Research and academic opportunities to encourage underrepresented groups to pursue doctoral degrees.
- Nevada IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE) Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program
Undergrads will get a hands-on lab experience in biomedical science through a National Institutes of Health (NIH) award.
Other resources for undergraduate research, scholarship and creative activity
- Nevada Space Grant Consortium
Check for scholarships, courses and travel grants for research and training relevant to NASA and Nevada’s workforce needs.
- NASA Interns, Fellow & Scholars
Visit NASA’s One Stop Shopping Initiative to find all of their funded opportunities.
- NASA Summer Student Internship
Students who are accepted for this NASA internship can qualify for funding through the Nevada Space Grant Consortium.
- Office of Intramural Training & Education Undergraduate Scholarship Program
National Institutes of Health scholarships for students from disadvantaged backgrounds who are pursuing careers in biomedical, behavioral and social science health-related research.
- Web Guide to Research for Undergraduates
An interactive web-based tool intended to assist undergraduates navigate the hurdles of an undergraduate research experience.
Gerald A. Soffen Memorial Fund Travel Grant Opportunity
The Gerald A. Stoffen Memorial Fund is a travel grant application opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students pursuing studies in the fields of space science and engineering.
- NASA DEVELOP
DEVELOP addresses environmental and public policy issues through interdisciplinary research projects that apply the lens of NASA Earth observations to community concerns around the globe.