Opportunities for Research, Scholarship & Creative Activity
Opportunities through Undergraduate Research
- NEW!!! Community-Based Research Experience for Undergraduates
Agencies and non-profits interested in getting answers to community-based research questions are paired with undergraduate students interested in applied research and community involvement.
- Honors Undergraduate Research Award
Funding to assist senior honor students with thesis projects.
- International Research Experience for Undergraduates
Do research abroad this summer at one of our international partner universities.
- Nevada Undergraduate Research Award
INTRODUCING A FALL 2017 APPLICATION OPPORTUNITY!!! Same award amount, same great award. Students in all disciplines can submit a proposal to fund academic research, scholarship or creative activity. Didn't get awarded in the Fall 2017 semester? Take this opportunity and utilize the feedback from your previous proposal.
- NSF-EPSCoR Solar Energy-Water-Environment Nexus Award
Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP) awards through the NSF-EPSCoR program for projects relating to solar energy have been awarded for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Honors Undergraduate Research Award: Application due Monday, October 16, 2017
- Community-Based Research for Undergraduates Fall Solicitation: Application due Monday, October 30, 2017
- Nevada Undergraduate Research Award Fall Solicitation: Monday, November 13, 2017
- International Research Experience for Undergraduates: Application due Monday, February 12, 2018
- NSF-EPSCoR Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program: Final awards have been issued.
- Community-Based Research for Undergraduates Spring Solicitation: Application due Monday, March 5, 2017
- Nevada Undergraduate Research Award Spring Solicitation: Monday, March 26, 2018
More opportunities at University of Nevada, Reno
- McNair Scholars Program—University of Nevada, Reno
Research and academic opportunities to encourage underrepresented groups to pursue doctoral degrees.
- Nevada IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE) Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program
Undergrads will get a hands-on lab experience in biomedical science through a National Institutes of Health (NIH) award.
- STEM Career and Internship Fair, February 15, 2017
In addition to the companies in attendance, undergraduate students were able to access 50 additional opportunities for STEM majors.
Other resources for undergraduate research, scholarship and creative activity
- Nevada Space Grant Consortium
Check for scholarships, courses and travel grants for research and training relevant to NASA and Nevada’s workforce needs.
- NASA Interns, Fellow & Scholars
Visit NASA’s One Stop Shopping Initiative to find all of their funded opportunities.
- NASA Summer Student Internship
Students who are accepted for this NASA internship can qualify for funding through the Nevada Space Grant Consortium.
- Office of Intramural Training & Education Undergraduate Scholarship Program
National Institutes of Health scholarships for students from disadvantaged backgrounds who are pursuing careers in biomedical, behavioral and social science health-related research.
- Web Guide to Research for Undergraduates
An interactive web-based tool intended to assist undergraduates navigate the hurdles of an undergraduate research experience.
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Oak Ridge National Laboratory is a national multi-program research and development facility managed by UT-Battelle, LLC for the U.S. Department of Energy.