Fang Jiang joined the Department of Psychology faculty at the University of Nevada, Reno in 2015. Her research examines relationship between brain structure and function/behaviors and the mechanisms underlying such relationship, with a particular emphasis on functional relevance of cross-modal responses consequent on sensory deprivation. She uses research methods including neuroimaging and behavioral measures.
She received her doctoral degree from the University of Texas at Dallas in 2007. After graduation, she received a postdoctoral fellowship award from the Human Frontier Science Program (2008-2011). In 2013, she was awarded the NIH Pathway to Independence (K99/R00) Award for her ongoing work investigating how cross-modal plasticity might be influenced by the normal functional specialization of a cortical region.
- Ph.D., Cognition and Neuroscience, University of Texas at Dallas, 2007
- Jiang, F., Blanz, V. & O'Toole, A.J. (2006) Probing the visual representation of faces with adaptation: A view from the other side of the mean. Psychological Science 17, 493-500.
- Jiang, F., Blanz, V. & O'Toole, A.J. (2007) The role of familiarity in view transferability of face identity adaptation. Vision Research 47(4), 525-531.
- Jiang, F., Blanz, V., & O'Toole, A.J. (2009) Three-dimensional information in face representations revealed by identity aftereffects. Psychological Science 20, 318-325.
- *Caharel, S., *Jiang, F., Blanz, V., & Rossion, B. (2009) Recognizing an individual face: 3D shape contributes earlier than 2D surface reflectance information. Neuroimage 47, 1809-1818. (*The first two authors contributed equally.)
- Jiang, F., Dricot, L., Blanz, V., Goebel, R., & Rossion, B. (2009) Neural correlates of shape and surface reflectance information in individual faces. Neuroscience 163(4), 1078-1091.
- Jiang, F., Dricot, L., Weber, J., Righi, G., Tarr, M.J., Goebel, R., Rossion, B. (2011) Face categorization in visual scenes may start in a higher order area of the right fusiform gyrus: evidence from dynamic visual stimulation in neuroimaging. Journal of Neurophysiology 106, 2720-2736.
- Jiang, F., Blanz, V., & Rossion, B. (2011) Holistic processing of shape cues in face identification: evidence from face inversion, composite faces and acquired prosopagnosia. Visual Cognition 19, 1003-1034.
- Jiang, F., Stecker, G.C., Fine, I. (2013) Functional localization of the auditory thalamus in individual human subjects. Neuroimage 78, 295-304.
- Jiang, F., Stecker, G.C., Fine, I. (2014) Auditory motion processing after early blindness. Journal of Vision 14(13):4, 1-18.