Financial Aid for DACA, International and Undocumented Students at UNR

DACA, International and Undocumented students are not eligible for Federal Financial Aid in the form of Pell Grants or federal student loans.  However, there are funds from institutional, state, and private sources that are accessible to them if certain requirements are met.   

Institutional Aid (UNR)

UNR Merit Based Scholarships:

  • New Students: Based on high school GPA and ACT/SAT test scores

- Complete all admission requirements by February 1st.

  • Current Students: Primarily based on UNR GPA

- Complete the Graduate and Undergraduate Scholarship Application in MyNevada between October 1st and February 1st.

Access Grants: Available to students that demonstrate financial need.

Non-Need Work Study: Only available to DACA students. Need to show work authorization.

  • Requires completion of the UNR Institutional Methodology form.

State of Nevada

Millennium Scholarships:   A state of Nevada scholarship available to students who graduated from a Nevada high school and meet the GPA or test score requirement.

Private Sector/Outside Aid

Private LoansDACA students are eligible to apply for private loans with a creditworthy cosigner who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.-  For more information about private loans contact the Student Financial Aid office at 775-784-4666.External ScholarshipsScholarships are offered each year by a variety of non-university affiliated community and private organizations.- Review list at

Additional Resources for Undocumented and DACA Students

Learn more about the resources and assistance available both on-and off-campus by visiting the link below. For additional information or resources please contact Social Services Coordinator Jahahi Mazariego, LSW, by visiting JCSU 303-C or calling (775) 784-1547.