How to apply
Please note: Due to COVID-19, the REU Site in summer 2021 will be online.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required.
- Students must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program.
- Students must not have completed an undergraduate degree prior to the summer program.
Filling out the online application
Fill out the online REU application.
You must first complete the application form before the rest of your application materials will be reviewed!
- Application opens: November 15, 2020
- Application deadline: Review of applications starts March 31, 2021, will remain open until filled
When filling out the application, you will be asked for
- Your transcripts
- Your resume/CV
- A short personal statement (no more than 200 words) that discusses your interest in big data, research, and your future plans.
- Contact information for a professional reference.
Please note that due to the large number of responses, it is not possible to confirm the receipt of individual letters. Applicants are encouraged to check with their recommender directly to confirm that the letter has been submitted.